Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Cha Cha Slide some more
So why the shift? There could be a number of reasons,
1. I'm more prepared to take risks than ever before. Who says that when you teach you have to be right all of the time?
2. I didn't assume a leading role, instead sharing the lead with pupils who wanted to model some dance routines. I facilitated the session rather than controlled.
3. Having the benefit of watching model dance lessons and assimilating this understanding into a style or approach that sits comfortably with me and the children.
4. I used familiar songs:
- Macarena (Los Del Rio)
- Cha Cha Slide (Casper)
- Reach (for the stars) (S Club 7)
- Saturday Night (Whigfield)
- Candyman (Christina Aguilera)
Here are two groups of girls in my class who are performing their dance to the rest of the class.